Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Investments

Today was a day to deal with investments. I made a 4PM appointment with my Edward D Jones guy in Forest Grove to make some adjustments in my investment portfolio and also decided to invest in myself by cycling to and from.  I left a bit later than I wanted to so I had to ride pretty hard on the way out there.  I guess you can call it training. I covered the 31 miles in 2 hours and 4 min.  Not bad given that there is about 8 miles of multi-use path (sunny weather and the I-podded masses!) and a lot of urban riding with traffic signals and stop signs.

I spent a half hour planning the transfer of a lackluster investment into something with higher expectations.  Todd also rides, so we spent about half that time talking bike.

On the way back I slowed down a bit, having no time constraints other than impending darkness and no headlight along.

As I rode near Hillsboro I found a small light duty combination wrench along the road.


As I rode through Tualatin I found a "hide a key" that had fallen off someone's vehicle. It is of no value to me, but I'll post it on Craigslist on the outside chance that the owner 1)knows it is missing, and 2) is trolling craigslist looking for it.


I got back home about an hour before dark. Though I was biking during heavy commuter traffic I really didn't notice it.  My route skips busy roads, instead taking paths and empty residential streets.
It was a nice ride!



.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .........63................0...................0.......................0............63
Jan...............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........303...............0..................0.......................0...........303
YTD...... 1263...............0...................0.......................0..........1263

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.