Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Back on a bike

I spent some time recently being crew chief for a 4 man 50-59 team at the SoCal RAAM Challenge. They came in first!  While it was definitely "bikey", it kept me off my bike.  I've been back in the Pacific Northwest a few days, but have been busy with preparations for my next crew chief job, the Race Across the West.    

Today, a rare dry day in Seattle, got me back on the bike.  By early afternoon I was on the fixed gear bike with a few hours to spend.  I pedaled out to Golden Gardens Park, then back to the Chittenden Locks.  I pedaled across to the residential street that morphed into a single track and bridge over the railroad tracks, then back to a roadway and on up to Magnolia. 

There was some pretty steep climbing for the fixed gear bike, but I made it.  Once up, the gentle grades and wide roads were a joy to ride on.  The sky had some high overcast that made the views less than ideal but it was still worth taking a photo or two.

 Looking west to the Olympic Mountains 
Looking southeast to Mt Rainier


Early this month I entertained the notion of riding 1000 miles this month to keep my streak of doubling mileage each month alive.  That of course went out the window when SoCal beckoned, and instead of getting a thousand mile month, today I got 1100 miles for the year.  Oh well.


.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ........16................0...................0.......................0...........16
Jan...............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......277................0..................0........................0..........277
April......559................0..................0........................0..........559
May.........140...............0..................0.......................0...........140
YTD...... 1100...............0...................0.......................0..........1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.