Thursday, October 30, 2014

Will Ride for Swag

It was supposed to be a wet and blustery day.  The weather prognosticators were right on the money.  It was a perfect excuse to go for a short ride to an event that would have stuff for staying visible in dark and wet weather.


Did I mention that they advertised free swag?  ;-) 

I put on full rain gear and headed down Queen Ann.  I felt lucky to have slipped down the hill in between showers.  As I wandered around (under portable canopies) looking at displays and picking up freebies, it just poured.  It was one of the heaviest rain showers I've seen in some time.

I scored a few Clif Bars, and an assortment of various colored reflective dots.  I also grabbed some various cycling maps of the area. The best thing I saw there was a bright yellow, waterproof and fully reflective pannier bag by Ortlieb.
I had seen everything, visited a bit with folks, and grabbed all the free stuff I felt comfortable grabbing. The rain shower had passed and it was time to pedal back up the hill.

I didn't work too hard at going up, just pedaled along.  I did make it back to the top before the next rain shower hit.

I can't complain too much about that.



..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total Today.............5...............0..............0...............0..............5 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708 Total..........5536...............0..............0...............0...........5536

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.