Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hunting without a license

It was supposed to be a wet day. Instead it was dry. I prepared to ride to Gales Creek for a community meeting. I packed rain gear because the forecast said I should and it did feel like it was going to rain as I rolled out.

Within 8 miles it looked pretty darn good.

Nearing Cook Park from the south
I followed the Fanno Creek trail most of the way to Beaverton then turned west on a series of residential streets just north of busy Hwy 8.  I did have to get on Hwy 8 for about a quarter mile and was surprised to see deer!








One of them was a pretty nice buck. I always chuckle when someone asks about hunting status.  I always hunt for deer.  I can't legally shoot one, I don't have a license or tag this year, but that doesn't mean I can't hunt for them!

After the deer excitement, I continued on.  About this point there was just a little mist falling for a couple of miles.  The road never got wet.

As I rolled through Hillsboro I detoured out to my mother's to move a big potted plant into the garage for the winter.

I continued my way westward. I made it to Gales Creek about a half hour early.  Just about right.

As the event went on, the sun went down.  My preride plan included a multimodal return trip utilizing  a TriMet bus and MAX train.  I had expected it to be dark, raining, and windy.  I figured that the 10 miles on the west end to access the bus, and the 8 miles from the bus back home would be plenty if I was wet and cold.

As it ended up, it was dark, but it was dry and not terribly windy.  After riding back to Forest Grove I just continued to ride east.  I figured I'd ride until it started raining then hop on a bus or light rail.

It never rained, and I never got on transit.

It ended up being a nice night for a ride.  I did get a few random drops of rain with about 2 miles to go, but not enough to worry about, or stop and put rain gear on for.


..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total Today............88...............0..............0...............0.............88 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............574...............0..............0...............0............574 Total..........5399...............0..............0...............0...........5399

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.