Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Another Sunny Day

You've got to take them when you can.  It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so I went for a ride this afternoon in partly cloudy but dry weather.  I rode out the Burke-Gilman Trail to Kenmore, grabbed some fries and a soda as a post lunch snack, then came back toward Golden Gardens.

Before I got there I had a small issue with a motor vehicle operator.  I was rolling up to a red light that already had a car waiting.  I was about 75 feet from the stopped car and moving about 10-12 mph. A driver came up behind me quickly and accelerated to get in front of me.  He failed.  He did give me enough room as he passed, but did not have enough room to get back into the lane before he had to stop behind the other car. 
Orange=car 1, blue=car 2, red=my bike
He nosed right up tight to the stopped car. I was just stubborn enough to not want to let him get away with that.  I made my way around him and got between him and the car in front of him.  There was not enough room to do anything but stop at an angle.

I was truly expecting a scene to develop.

It never did.

The light turned green, the first car moved, I followed, the guy that tried to pass me, now followed me.
We went through a couple of blocks with stop signs.  I was able to arrive at each stop sign before the guy following me did.  Finally I turned right and he continued on straight. 

No words, no horn honk, no gestures.

I  continued on to Golden Gardens.

Again, though the view was nice, there were signs around saying to not eat the shellfish because of pollution. A heavy price to pay for "progress".

At Golden Gardens there is a reclaimed wetland that they are quite proud of.  It was a very serene scene.


There was a beaver lodge and a few gnawed trees around, but also quite a few trees wrapped in steel fencing to fend off the large rodents. Not quite a natural setting, but at least the critters are there.

I also stopped to read some historical signs and take in the sights at Salmon Bay.


It was a nice ride.


..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total Today............45...............0..............0...............0.............45 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............703...............0..............0...............0............703 Total..........5528...............0..............0...............0...........5528

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.