Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Tale of Two Cities

I started off the day with a pre-sunrise ride in Portland to make a bus connection. Yesterday it literally rained all day. This morning was a continuation of that, at least this time I had my rain bike. I expected rain and had full rain gear on.

The weather was pretty wild as I rode the bus up I-5. Hard rain from time to time, and even a tornado just north of Portland in Longview, WA.

When I got to Seattle I unloaded my bike and headed toward Bellvue. I was pleased that it wasn't raining. I pedaled over Capital Hill as the sky continued to clear. As I crossed the I-90 floating bridge I couldn't believe my luck. It was a bit windy, but dry.


As scenic as the Puget Sound area is, it doesn't take much to see that it isn't all as pristine as it might appear.

I arrived at Meydenbauer Bay without much more problem that some cross wind and being overheated due to wearing rain gear.


When I left home this morning I expected wind and rain on both ends of today's ride. I was very surprised to have the nice weather up this way, but it didn't last.  Before dinner was prepared there was wind, torrential rain, and lightning, but I had a good ride!


..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total Today............13...............0..............0...............0.............13 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............592...............0..............0...............0............592 Total..........5417...............0..............0...............0...........5417

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.