Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What a difference a day makes

 I had a Legislative breakfast meeting today.  It was only 2.5 miles away.  It was raining.  I figured I could take the fixie to that meeting since it has flat pedals, and avoid having to wear bike shoes.  It currently has a clip on rear fender.  I put on my silicone coated windbreaker.  I figured with only 2 1/2  miles, how wet could I get?

Well, wet.

It was dark as I pedaled out.  My headlight caught the water flying off the front tire and blowing back on me, from above the handlebars and from off each side of the downtube.  I couldn't believe how much water was flying back on me.  I was rethinking my decision to not ride the rain bike and just carry street shoes along.

I arrived, took off my wet jacket, took my seat in the audience and listened.

Following the meeting I put my meager weather protection back on and pedaled out.  The rain had slowed down a bit, but it was still wet.

It would rain all day, but at least I didn't have to bike in it anymore.




..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total Today.............5...............0..............0...............0..............5 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............579...............0..............0...............0............579 Total..........5404...............0..............0...............0...........5403

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.