Thursday, October 6, 2011

Desert Coyote returns "home"

The Desert Coyote is in California, on his way to the Furnace Creek 508 for the 4th consecutive year. In 2008 I crewed for Mike "Siberian Husky" Arenberg, in 2009 and 2010 I was the guy pedaling, and this year I am crewing for John Henry "Hoary Marmot" Maurice. He has expressed it best, "we are going to have so much fun".





I am stopped for the night just under 90 miles from the starting location for the Furnace Creek 508. The rest of the team is about 2 hours behind me and we will meet here for dinner tonight, get a good night's sleep, and in the morning make a dash for inspection at Santa Clarita. The fun is about to begin!

Evening update:
The Hoary Marmot and his crew did indeed manage to gather tonight for dinner. Note for future events.... even "mild" Indian food is quite spicy!



No bike miles to update, I don't even have my bike with me. It will be my longest time off a bike since 2008, when I crewed for Siberian Husky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.