Sunday, April 3, 2011

Riding in Clark County with the PWTC

Today I was invited to ride the Clark County Cruiser with the Portland Wheelmen Touring Club. After a month of rain they couldn't have picked a better day for this ride. It was the first time I've ridden without shoe covers in months. I started the ride with an STP Tyvek jacket, but soon took that off opting to ride in my jersey and long sleeved base layer. One of the riders even had (gasp!) bare arms!

It was the perfect way to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon. We pedaled at a social no drop pace and had chances to visit about biking and other less important issues. ;-)




The ride leader handed out maps but I tucked mine in my pocket knowing that I planned neither to get dropped nor to drop anyone. I just followed along and took in the sights, sounds, and smells of Spring as we pedaled. We rode along Lacamas Lake, overlapping part of our route last weekend when a group of us rode the Ride Around Clark County route. Today's ride had better weather. :-)


It was a pretty easy ride for me, I didn't feel any effects from yesterday's ride. Perhaps if I had to expend more effort I would have felt a little low in the tank. But at today's pace I was just fine. I enjoyed the company of my fellow riders and hope to have repeat adventures.

..........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........32..............0.............0..........0..........32
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......158..............0.............0..........0.........158
YTD.......1674...............0............21..........7........1702

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.