Tuesday, April 19, 2011

felt almost like Spring

It was a beautiful day. I just needed to get on the bike. I took off tonight with very low expectations, luckily I wasn't disappointed. ;-)
Actually, it went better than the last time I was out. I didn't have those sharp pains in my lungs. I pedaled a 22 mph pace for just over a mile just to test that out and managed pretty well. I spent the rest of the ride just pedaling, albeit a bit faster than a few days ago. I was seeing about 16 mph more often than not. I know I could not keep that up, would run out of O2, but that's to be expected. Recovery is coming, slower than I'd like, but coming none the less. I was supposed to lead a century with a lot of climbing this weekend, already sent my regrets to those who were joining me. If the weather is nice I'll get out for something, just nothing on the maniac side of the scale!

While I'm not really riding much I was wondering if I could teach any of my bikes to ride themselves. As it ends up, that might not be such a hard thing.


.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........13..............0.............0..........0..........13
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......334..............0.............0..........0.........334
YTD.......1850...............0............21..........7........1878

1 comment:

  1. Out of sheer curiosity, is Longbottom's filled with rude cyclists who make a point of loudly tapping their cleat shoes on the floor and hogging tables without paying for food? I didn't think so, but I don't hang out there much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.