Saturday, April 23, 2011

Over the river and through the woods

My mom had a family gathering at her home in Hillsboro today. Her plan was to celebrate Easter and avoid scheduling conflicts with in-laws. I've been doing my best to recover from a respiratory problem but with the predicted awesome weather I couldn't help but think that a bike commute to the event was in order. My brother-in-law Dave decided to join me.

I had two things to consider (besides my ability to actually ride there and back!) The first was that I was to bring juice for the masses. No problem, I picked up a few cans of frozen OJ concentrate less than two miles from Mom's house. The second issue was figuring out "street" clothes to bring that wouldn't wrinkle in the backpack on the way over. Didn't take long to figure that out either.

I decided to wear my "Sunday go to meeting" formal bike attire! No need to bring extra clothes, riding clothes and formal attire all in one!

It was a gorgeous day, blue sky, light wind, high in the low 70's. We need more days like this!

Dave and I rode a 16.4 mph average to Hillsboro. Not bad for me since I haven't hardly been on a bike in two weeks... and still can't breath well.

Even better was the 17.2 mph average on the way back.

1947 ft total elevation gain
131 bpm average heart rate
94 rpm average cadence
3267 calories burned

.........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today........56..............0.............0..........0..........56
Jan.........474..............0............21..........7.........502
Feb.........530..............0.............0..........0.........530
March.......502..............0.............0..........0.........502
April.......390..............0.............0..........0.........390
YTD.......1906...............0............21..........7........1934

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you and Dave for coming to the PARTY, riding your bikes no less. Take care of yourself now.
    the mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.