Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A few got dropped tonight..

A few got dropped tonight........I was not one of them. :-) (posted via cell phone)

I had some business to attend to in Forest Grove tonight and as luck would have it I would be free just about the time that a group from Olson's Bicycles would be heading out for a ride. They are a fast group, perhaps just what I need from time to time.



I expect to get dropped on these rides. I was surprised to not only not be dropped but to be riding fairly strongly tonight. Another rider and I teamed up and pulled away from the main pack a couple of times. We were cruising along on flat ground at 24-25 mph.

For the evening I showed 21 miles with an 18.9 mph avg. There was 623 ft of climbing, most of it on one hill. I had an average heart rate of 134 bpm with maximum of 178 bpm. (just a interesting note that my maximum heart rate was NOT on the hill but during one of my pulls as the other guy and I broke away from the group) I had a maximum speed of 49.3 mph. If I had been watching my speedometer I could have hit 50. I was using my big gear (56x11) and pedaling while my lesser geared brethren were coasting down ~35-40 mph. I could have easily pushed a bit harder to get that extra .7mph.

A good group of folks to ride with, too bad I just can't get out there to ride with them more often.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today........21...............0...............0...........21
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug.......1000...............0................0.........1000
Sept.......608...............0................0..........608
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....7887...............0..............5.........7892

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.