Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bald Peak

22 miles, 2140 vertical, 15.7mph avg. .....and no rain! Not bad for a last minute evening ride. (posted via cell phone)

UPDATE:
A couple of the social bike group's members put together a last minute ride beginning at Scholls Heights Elementary and making a trip up and over Bald Peak. Evening traffic being what it was, I didn't make it to the start on time but drove on up their intended route and when I saw them drove on ahead a distance and set up to join them. I managed to save the flat riding but did get ALL the climb up to the 1500 ft Bald Peak.

It was a late start to expect to finish before it was dark. We all had lights, pretty much standard equipment on rides now that the days are getting rapidly shorter. With a few miles to go we split ways, with me turning down hwy 219 to return to my pickup while they continued through Scholls heading directly back to Scholls Heights Elementary.

It was getting dark as I reached an area of flagged construction. The flagger had me come to the front of the line. She told me to go first and the flag car and other vehicles would stay behind me. :-) I hadn't ridden enough miles tonight to be tired....... when she said "ok, you can go" I did! The section that had the flag car was about a mile, I never dropped below 26 mph. The flag car was a LONG distance back. As I pedaled past the flagger on the far end of the construction he said "you're flying" as I whizzed by.
I went by fast enough that he didn't have a chance to see the pain in my face or hear the sound of my gasping lungs! ;-)

What's that saying.... "never let them see you sweat" ???? ;-)

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today........22...............0...............0...........22
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug.......1000...............0................0.........1000
Sept.......630...............0................0..........630
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....7909...............0..............5.........7914

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.