Tuesday, December 2, 2008

surprised

I witnessed a private armored car company truck squeeze around a vehicle by driving with one set of wheels on a bike lane and the other up over the curb and in the grass.
I thought this is not the way I'd want my employees to be representing MY company, as well as the issue of driving on a bike lane. I noted the number on the back of the truck saying more or less "if you don't like the way I'm driving call this number" which I did, and found it to be no longer valid. I visited the website for the company and sent an email with my concerns. I didn't expect it to go any farther than that.

I was surprised today when the company called me back for clarification of the details. Even if it goes no farther, I was glad to hear that they at least read my email.

2 comments:

  1. Right on! Glad that they responded!

    I had a big red truck lay on the horn today... as i was out riding solo, straight stretch, bright sun, wide shoulder, near Stayton. I wish I had gotten the plate #. Actually, I wish I had had a can of soup with me and could have knocked out a tail light. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should invent a small light weight camera that could be handlebar or helmet mounted that would record continuously and always retain the last 15 minutes or so. If (when!) there is trouble you could always just present the chip to the police/judge. "As you can clearly see your honor, this idiot willfully endangered my life"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.