Saturday, December 20, 2008

Earning my way to heaven ;-)

I was at the gym today in the process of hammering out a good strong workout on the artificial bike as the snow was falling and predicted to fall even harder. As I was tuned in to the local TV station and their nonstop storm coverage they mentioned that the Elks Lodge was in dire need of drivers with vehicles that could handle the icy conditions to deliver holiday boxes to needy folks. I cut my "ride" short and called mom, who used to do meals on wheels and would know the streets better than I, and invited her to ride shotgun. My pickup has 4 wheel drive, 4 studded tires, and chains, cables, winches, etc in the back. No problem getting over the roads. We delivered a veritable treasure trove to a few homes. Most were appreciative.

Here's my mom's neighborhood when I brought her back home. There is about 6" of snow on the ground, with another 4-5 inches predicted before late tonight. Good thing I like snow!



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today.............0..............19.................19
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
May total.....642.....+........23.....=...........665
June total....804.....+.........0.....=...........804
July total....933.....+.........0.....=...........933
August total..732.....+........23.....=...........755
Sept total....338.....+.........0.....=...........338
Oct total.....632.....+.........0.....=...........632
Nov total.....352.....+........75.....=...........427
YTD...........6347....+.......984....=.........7358
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.