Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1st weekend in October

I'm still my father's son, I grew up knowing this is the opening weekend of deer season here in Western Oregon.
It's also the weekend for the Kitsap Color Classic, a nice little bike ride put on by the Cascade Bicycle Club.

Which will I be doing?

Neither!

I'm taking off tonight for Southern California! I'm a last minute addition to the crew for Furnace Creek 508 competitor Mike "Siberian Husky" Arenburg. It's a big endeavor both for rider and crew. I missed out on most of the planning since I'm a late addition to cover for a member who had to drop out. Just travel alone is daunting, a day to get to Santa Clarita, 2 days to follow the rider to 29 Palms, a day to drive back to the start where my pickup will be sitting. A day to drive back home. I am told by previous competitors that riding the 508 is a life altering experience. I guess for we crew members it will just be an adventure! ;-)

I added up my monthly totals for September. As pathetic as 338 miles is, it would have been even worse if I had not logged 166 miles last weekend! Mountain climbing, hiking, hunting..... so many things to do in fall in Oregon!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today..............0...............0..................0
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
May total.....642.....+........23.....=...........665
June total....804.....+.........0.....=...........804
July total....933.....+.........0.....=...........933
August total..732.....+........23.....=...........755
Sept total....338.....+.........0.....=...........338
YTD...........5222....+.......766....=.........5992

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.