Wednesday, September 24, 2008

sort of bikey

I'm back from my annual fall adventure. Today I put most of my outdoor toys away and had a little time left so I worked on my bike a bit. Before I left I ordered a 56 tooth chainring to replace my 53, hoping to get a bit more top end. I also picked up an 11-21 cogset that I hope to use parts from to modify my existing 12-27 into an 11-27. ....all in the quest for more tailwind/long downhill speed. Today I put on the 56 tooth chainring. There is a little clearance issue when in the 43 tooth middle ring and the smallest 3 cogs. Because of the angle the chain runs at and the diameter of the big chainring the chain rubs the big ring. I will see what I can do about that, but may just have to shift to the big ring sooner than I used to. I'll put the 11 tooth cog modification in before I get too much time into adjustments.

The other bikey issue I am dealing with is my $%^%^ Garmin 305. I was having issues with it's spotty communication with my computer and it was a known issue. Garmin recommended upgrading the OS of the GPS as well as updating to the most recent version of the Training Center software on the computer. I did that in June. It hasn't talked with my computer since. Tech support has been somewhat helpful but has left a lot to be desired. It's been 4 months!
I'm about ready to pull what little hair I have left out.....or just sell the 305 to someone who has more patience than I do!

Maybe getting out for a bike ride will make me fell a bit better. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.