Thursday, September 25, 2008

Garmin woes over, but not resolved

Well, looks like I don't have to fight with my Garmin 305 anymore. Today while following tech supports instructions to delete all traces of Training Center from my computer (including a cleaning of the registry)before reinstalling I ended up with a Garmin 305 that won't even power up. After doing all the steps except the registry edit I plugged the 305 into the computer to see if any program popped up trying to download data. It didn't, and more importantly, the Garmin 305 didn't show "charging" or anything else on the screen. I disconnected it and tried to turn it on....nothing. After futzing with it for quite awhile I've decided it's toast. I don't need to worry about THAT anymore.

I have to go to SW Portland tomorrow....thinking about taking my bike, just to see if I still know how to ride the darn thing! :-O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.