Wednesday, July 9, 2008

warm day and a little education

I had hoped to ride more this week given the trials of the upcoming 10 days, but alas, preparations for the Race Across Oregon have been taking a lot of my time. I did get out for a ride mid afternoon today. It was in the low 90's. Plenty warm, but still a good ride. I rode in the Hillsboro/West Union/ Helvetia area. I was finished up in plenty of time to get cleaned up and to the Hillsboro Library where I was slated to give a bike safety presentation. Hopefully not exactly like the blind leading the blind! It's difficult to make a one size fits all presentation. My riding strengths and weaknesses do not match others. What I might feel comfortable doing to keep myself safe might not even be within the capabilities of another rider. That being said, I think all walked away tonight having learned something, or at least raising their awareness of the dangers out there and how to mitigate them.

A good portion of tomorrow will involve getting prepped for STP, I leave for Seattle early Friday.




++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........41...............0.................41
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
YTD...........3517....+.......743....=.........4260

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.