Sunday, July 27, 2008

let's get the party started

It's been tough to get back to riding since the Race Across Oregon. I've been busy wrapping up our team's RAO business and in addition I'm a bit "goal-less" (some would argue that I'm more apt to be clueless!)

I had a plan to ride out to Multnomah Falls and back today, about a 40 mile ride. There were a few folks who had expressed an interest in joining me. By last night two had decided not to ride, on my way out to Troutdale the third texted that she decided not to ride. My bike pansy convinced me that it was too far to drive just to ride 40 miles, and not near as fun to do it solo. I turned around and headed back to Longbottom's Coffee near Hillsboro. A group rides from there most every Sunday at 9AM and I knew they were riding a 50 mile route today. I also knew that I could no longer make the 9AM group start. I pulled into Longbottom's at 9:15AM and hopped on the bike for an indeterminate distance.

It was good riding weather, cool, partly cloudy, very light breeze. I rode up into the hills between the Tualatin Valley and Scappoose and just rode around (and up and down!) I eventually decided that it was enough. I logged a measly 41 miles.

Sooner or later I've got to get back into riding mode. I'm not even halfway into my two year goal yet!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........41...............0.................41
Jan total.......98.....+........402....=..........500
Feb total.....385.....+.......220....=...........605
Mar total.....659.....+........41.....=...........700
April total...629.....+........57.....=...........676
YTD...........4038....+.......743....=.........4781

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.