Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ah, the sweet smell of success!


I've been busy with post race duties such as cleaning motorhomes, turning pace vehicles back into normal commuters, and financial balancing. Not finished with all that yet but did want to say how proud I am of my riding partners and our support crew for helping get us across the finish line of Race Across Oregon first in our division, and 2 hours and 8 minutes faster than the previous course record!

I recorded all my riding legs individually so I'll post that data here in the next day or so as I get time.

This was so much fun! I had a blast. Our team worked well, each rider utilizing his individual strengths to move the team forward. Our support crew was vital and invaluable to our success. We were all rookies but were fast learners.

My first ever bike race.....and a first place finish and new course record to show for it. Cool!


A better description of the ride and data to be filled in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.