Monday, May 7, 2018

Dodging rain drops/deluge

The last two days as the sun was about ready to set, thunderstorms have rolled in with a vengeance. I'd estimate that 2" of rain fell within an hour each day.


That was heavy on my mind as I rode around town a bit then to Maria Bonita for my favorite lunch. Lunch again stretched for nearly two hours as Maritrini and I struggled with language differences..


Post lunch, I had hoped to continue up to the Visitor Center and work my way around the short loop that I have not biked.  However, the cloud cover had increased and a light drizzle was falling.  I decided I wasn't going to risk getting stuck in one of those Panamanian downpours.  I rode back up the hill.

Probably a good call, as I am typing this the thunder is again rattling the windows.


5 miles, but with over 700 ft of climbing!

........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today ......0.................0..................5....................0.............5

Jan.........26................ 0................0.....................0..............26

Feb.........7..................0................0.....................0...............7

March.......5.................0................0.....................0...............5

April.......0.................0...............66.....................0...............66

May.........0..................0...............8......................0................8

YTD.........38...............0................80.....................0.............118

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.