Sunday, May 27, 2018

Bummed even more

It has been doing some major storming here every afternoon, and sometimes afternoon starts at 9AM!  I was planning, "hell or high water" to ride the loop up through Volcanito and El Salto, then take the rock road cutting over to Los Naranjos tomorrow.  I've seen both ends of that road, the lower end being a nice paved road with painted lines, and the upper end being a boulder strewn "road". (you can see both by looking at recent posts)  My maps.me app tells me that the center 1.5 miles is mostly trail.  It was just the adventure I was looking at for my last ride here.  Alas, I've had a transportation snafu, and now need to leave a day and a half earlier than planned.  I guess that means my last ride was on the 27th. (it is now the 29th as I type this, internet being not so ideal here) I will spend this afternoon packing, cleaning the abode, and swapping my pedals off and raising the seat back up on the bike that Jeff Bickford generously let me use while staying here.

On the morning of the 27th I rode into Boquete to use the library WiFi and update this blog, and scope out the location of dinner that night.


 Having found the restaurant, I set out to gain some graces and attended a Spanish language mass. 



When ever I go into a building the Garmin goes crazy looking for location, and the map image reflects that futile search!

I got 6.7 miles and 984 ft of climbing.


It has been (mostly) fun.
I got back on a bike a bit.
I saw some nice scenery.
I met some nice people.

But it is time.
Adios Panama!


........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today ......0.................0..................7....................0............7

Jan.........26................ 0................0.....................0..............26

Feb.........7..................0................0.....................0...............7

March.......5.................0................0.....................0...............5

April.......0.................0...............66.....................0...............66

May.........0..................0..............79......................0...............79

YTD.........38...............0...............154.....................0.............190

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.