Thursday, January 5, 2017

Dry and Cold

It was about 5 degrees below freezing today as I dusted off the fixed gear bike and headed out. I was bundled up like an arctic explorer of course. The sun was shining brightly and I decided that it wasn't cold enough to need my balaclava. Probably a mistake, because as I pedaled the wind chill was fierce. My cheeks felt the sting of the cold air rushing past them. I balanced the need to pedal to keep warm, with the need to keep frostbite at bay.

I pedaled northward along Boones Ferry Rd to Tualatin then through Cook Park in Tigard.
The travel lanes were dry and ice free. The shoulder/bike lanes had some ice in places. I rode the white fog line for safety, keeping my eyes open for ice.

I puttered around enough that I managed to get 28 miles before calling it a day.


.........Road Bike........Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ........28................0....................0........................0..........28
Jan...............40................0...................0......................11...........51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.