Thursday, March 3, 2016

TNR

It is Thursday, and time once again for the Thursday Night Ride.  I rode in from Sellwood because it saves some driving miles, traffic headaches, and I could use a few more miles.  I arrived about 40 minutes before the ride was to start, but a few folks were already beginning to assemble.


I didn't get a photo, but there was a tall bike that had to have been at least 10 ft tall. Yes, it had a ladder to make mounting it possible.

We started out northward tonight. The group might have been a bit smaller tonight, despite the nice weather. Probably not quite 100 riders.




I didn't have my Garmin along to record our wanderings, but we reached Alberta St, then took Interstate Ave back into the the city core.  We stopped at our favorite market for adult beverages and snacks.  When bikes don't have derailleurs you don't have to worry about which side to lay them down on. ;-)


 I didn't plan on staying for the after party so I just pedaled around the parking area waiting for the others to do their shopping.

We rode back to the Hawthorne Bridge to our own "private" fire pit and beach.



I waved at a few of those I knew better, and kept on pedaling.  In short order I was at Tilikum Crossing.


Spring was in the air as I pedaled along Oaks Bottom.

                              

It was a great night for a ride, despite what the weather forecast predicted just a couple of days ago.


.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today ......22...............0...................0.......................0...........22
Jan............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......56................0..................0........................0...........56
YTD...... 180...............0...................0.......................0...........180

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.