Saturday, March 5, 2016

Beaverton Creek

I heard the news that a friend was dying.  He reminded me that we all are, most of us just don't know when.  While he is not suffering a terminal disease, he urged all of us to live each week as if it might be our last, to reach out now, rather than later, to stay connected with friends and family.  And so it was, that today Mark and I had a late breakfast.  The weather was decent and I didn't have further plans until near the end of the day when I was attending a fire department fundraiser.   I brought my fixed gear bike along just in case I found something to ride.

One of the Facebook groups I belong to urges members to heed the call of the trail not pedaled as a way to legitimize wanderlust.  I took the bait today and as I drove along Tualatin Valley Hwy just west of Beaverton I saw a paved path making it's way along a creek.  I found a place to park and hopped on the bike to explore.

The path made use of a utility corridor in an otherwise urban/suburban environment.


It just so happened that Beaverton Creek shared the same space.


While I didn't see any nests, the aquatic birds were looking very "nest oriented".



Before too long the weather took a down turn and rain drops began to fall.  I was not in appropriate riding attire for rain, and the fixie didn't have fenders. I cut the ride short.


.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .......5................0...................0.......................0.............5
Jan............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......61................0..................0........................0...........61
YTD...... 185...............0...................0.......................0...........185

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.