Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thursday afternoon, and TNR

I attended a Historic Highway Advisory Committee meeting today in Cascade Locks.


 Following the meeting I went for a ride on the Historic Columbia River Hwy State Trail.  I thought I had time to ride back to Eagle Creek.

It was a beautiful day in the Gorge, just the usual wind. Today the wind was "nuclear" as the windsurfer gang calls winds blowing from the east (the direction of the Hanford Nuclear Reservation.) If you want to read something scary click on that link.


I pedaled the fixie downwind, and up and down the 5% grades of the Historic Highway.



Before I got to Eagle Creek I came to an obstacle. The first one was not so bad.


The second one was more bothersome.



I turned around and played tourist on the return to Cascade Locks.


I then hurried back to Portland, knowing that if I didn't dally I could make it back in time for the Thursday Night Ride.

It was a great night.  There was a decent sized crowd, probably in the 90-100 range.  Unicycles, fixies, single speeds, commuter bikes, racing bikes, and fatties were all represented.

A representative of the Lumberjack Riders
The next four photos are Nathan's. (he has his camera much more accessible than I do) 

Following the ride I rode back along the East Bank Esplanade.


I finished up with a few miles along the Springwater Corridor to where my pickup was parked.
It took 2 rides, in two different counties, plus an 8 mile commute to and from the TNR to get a mere 23 miles, but it was fun 23 miles.


.........Road Bike.....Rollers.............MTB..........Lifecycle......Total
Today .......23................0...................0.......................0............23
Jan............0................0...............,...0.......................0............0
Feb..........124...............0...................0.......................0...........124
March......156................0..................0........................0..........156
YTD...... 280...............0...................0.......................0...........280

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.