Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Will park bikes for beer!

  Most years I am a volunteer server at the Oregon Brewer's Festival, thus earning a complimentary event mug and a dozen drink tokens or so.  A few months ago I saw a request for bike parking attendants, who would also earn that same perk.  What the heck, why not?  Dave thought that sounded good too, so he also volunteered.  Today was opening day for the festival, and our shift was from 11:45 AM to 2 PM.  The venue is just over 20 miles away, and with a mid day start and finish, it was a no brainer to ride to the event.   

Things were a bit unorganized there, but we did manage to get quite a few bikes parked, especially considering it was mid day on a work day.
 
After our two hour shift was up, we gathered our event glass (er plastic!) and tokens and went for a stroll around the venue.  We grabbed some lunch from one of the food vendors, then each had a couple of 4 oz tastes. We both had other plans for the afternoon, so we'll have to go back later in the week to use up the rest of our tokens!

Dave had plans in SE Portland, so we parted ways after only a few blocks, as he went east of the Hawthorne Bridge, and I continued south.  I crossed by the entrance ramps to the new Tilicum Crossing.
 
 I was following a website generated route and found myself crossing over I-5 on the Gibbs Street Pedestrian Bridge directly below the Portland Tram.
 
As I pedaled through the neighborhoods I came across this window sticker that amused me.
 
 
Most of you who know me, know that I consider the whole gluten intolerance thing, despite some people being truly afflicted, as a fad on par with Adkins Diet, low carb, high carb, paleo, low protein, cleansings, etc.  Just pass me a Snickers bar and I'll be fine.  ;-)


.........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
  Today............44..............0...............0...............0.................44
 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March...........183.................0................0..............0................183
April..............228...............0................0...............0 ................228
May................200................0...............0...............0.................200
June................199.................0..............26...............0.................199
July.................177................0...............0.................0...............177
Total............1967...............0...............26...............0..............1993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.