Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A new month

 Today I did the reverse of my last ride.  I road down Queen Ann hill in Seattle, loaded my bike on a bus and traveled to Portland, then road from Portland back to Wilsonville.  I failed to mention that on the ride TO Seattle a few days ago I was nearly right hooked by a mom in an SUV in Seattle. We missed by less than 2 feet.  Today I nearly collided with a bus that pulled out in front of me.  I was traveling in the middle of the right lane of two on Cedar Street in Seattle.  As Cedar crosses Third Ave there is a 4 way stop intersection. Third has two travel lanes each direction. When it was my turn to cross I started out, but as I approached a bus that had pulled up to the stop line in the far right lane, he pulled out. I was probably 6-8 ft away as he pulled out.  I was on the fixie, but managed to get stopped with about a foot to spare.  It was a warm day and the driver had his window open, so he had no problem hearing me vocalize my displeasure with his actions.  He looked out the window (wish he would have done that BEFORE he pulled out!) and said "sorry", before continuing on his way.

On another note, I knew that I was 1 mile short of a 200 mile month in June when I finished my ride up to Seattle a few days ago.  I've been busy with Race Across Oregon details, but figured I'd have no problem getting that 1 mile, and then some, as I'd ride home.  I didn't realize until 3AM that June had ended and it was now July.  Oh well, it's not like I was getting any prizes for getting a 200 mile month.

 .........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
  Today.............26..............0...............4...............0...................26
 Jan...............765...............0...............0...............0...............765
Feb................248...............0...............0...............0................248
March...........183.................0................0..............0................183
April..............228...............0................0...............0 ................228
May................200................0...............0...............0.................200   June................199.................0..............26...............0.................199

July..................26................0...............0.................0...............26
Total............1817...............0...............26...............0..............1842

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.