Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pathetic

 I used to ride 300 miles a week.  This month I didn't get 300 miles all month!  I started off today riding a few miles down Queen Ann in Seattle to the train station where I hopped on a bus. (makes sense, right?) As we made our way down I-5 big puffy clouds grew and darkened.  50 miles out from Portland it poured rain, but then stopped again after about 20 minutes.  I had the route on my Garmin to ride back to Wilsonville from Portland and as we arrived in Portland I still figured I'd make that 21 mile ride.  Before I could get prepared to ride, the rain started again!  Those big puffy clouds spelled unstable air....the kind that can give hard rain, often laced with hail.  I had my computer in my bag and it wasn't protected from hard rain.  I dodged rain showers taking refuge from bridge to bridge.  It took 45 minutes to get 3 miles.  But I did stay mostly dry.

I hitched a ride back to Wilsonville with Dave when he got off work.

My pansy ways meant I didn't even break 300 miles this month.  :-(

I'm turning into a non-cyclist

..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total Today............9...............0..............0...............0..............9 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........749.................0..............0...............0..........749
May...........613.................0..............0...............0...........613
June............309...............0..............0...............0...........309
July...............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August.........359................0..............0...............0.............359
Sept............292................0...............0...............0.............292 Total..........4834...............0..............0...............0..........4834

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.