Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A rude awakening

Today was the first full day of Fall. After an August that had 0.01" of rain, and a summer with the warmest average temperature, today we had rain.........  nonstop rain.  I had a ride to Forest Grove planned, so took the rain bike. It was not cold, but it was wet, a lot wet.  I was running late and with 12 miles remaining and about just over 30 minutes left to do it in, I loaded my bike on a TriMet bus's rack and bussed it the remaining distance.  After my appointment I had a few other errands to attend to, including dinner with my sister and her husband, then started back.

I left Forest Grove at 6:30 PM, fully expecting to be using lights shortly.  I had a two watt blinky on front as well as my Stella 300.  I had two Planet Bike Ultra Flashes on back.  My rain bike has a huge amount of reflective material on it, and I had a reflective triangle on my backpack.

I arrived back in Wilsonville at 8:45 PM, looking every bit like a drowned rat.
It was not the most pleasant ride.  It continued to rain. Traffic was heavy but I had no problems with cars.

Bike rides in sunny warm weather seemed just like yesterday.......  oh wait, it was!

 ..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total Today..........52...............0..............0...............0.............52 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........749.................0..............0...............0..........749
May...........613.................0..............0...............0...........613
June............309...............0..............0...............0...........309
July...............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August.........359................0..............0...............0.............359
 Sept............222................0...............0...............0.............222 Total..........4764...............0..............0...............0..........4764

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.