Monday, May 12, 2014

Gutter Repair

The sun is shining but one day soon it may rain again.  The gutters on an outbuilding are in need of some attention. I hopped on the fixed gear bike and rode to Home Depot for some supplies.

One thing I like about riding bike is the enhanced awareness one has of the surroundings.  Whether it is the sight of antelope, deer, or the call of birds, cyclists are better at experiencing the world around them.  This morning as I pedaled along suddenly the aroma of donuts wafted by!  I was not aware of any nearby bakeries, so I turned around to investigate.  Sure enough, there it was.  A brand new bakery!


In a moment of weakness I wandered in and got an Apple Fritter.


After finishing my treat, I continued on my way to Home Depot. I locked my bike up with the flimsy little "latte lock" that I carry on the fixie, knowing full well that the typical clientele of Home Depot would likely have the tools and know-how to defeat it quickly.

I marched in, picked up a package of gutter spikes/ferrules, and was back out and on my way.

I even had a bit of tailwind for the return trip!

..........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today..........17................0..............0...............0............17 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........749.................0..............0...............0..........749
 May...........348.................0..............0...............0...........348  Total..........3086...............0..............0...............0..........3086

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.