Saturday, August 31, 2013

Trying to get my act together

 I had seen that a group of folks were going to pedal a brisk 60 mile ride in the hills around Helvetia beginning in Hillsboro at 8:30AM.  I failed to note that the ride was scheduled for tomorrow, and NOT today. When it got to be about 10 minutes before ride time and nobody else was around I suspected something.  After consulting the smart phone I found that today's ride started in Portland, and was about 25 miles at a more leisurely pace, beginning at 10AM.

I had time to get there, off I went.

9 of us pedaled around SE Portland.







 It was supposed to be about a 13 mph ride, but coming back in on the Springwater Trail the ride leader and I got a bit carried away.  She indicated she'd like to get a ride in the draft, I sat up tall and took it up to 20-21mph.  She stuck right with me.  Since it was a "no drop" ride, after we went a few miles we pulled over and let the rest regroup with us.




We finished up with a little post ride debriefing at Lucky Lab

EVENING UPDATE:

  I was just sitting around, minding my own business, surfing facebook, when this comes in:
Done in 10:54. Oh, it got hot. — with Susan Otcenas and 8 others at McMenamins Wilsonville.
 
I knew that 10 Oregon Randonneurs  had started out on a 200k Permanent this morning.  
 

I did not know where they started from but I now knew that those intrepid cyclists were sitting just down the road from me.  I hopped on the fixie and pedaled out to congratulate them on a job well done and to schmooze a bit.  I didn't stay long, it was getting dark and unlike Randos who are equipped with generator hubs, full fenders and luggage, no matter the weather.........  I had a reflector and reflective leg bands.  I took less traveled roadways on the way back and had the bike parked before it get too dark.

I added 5 miles to the 26 miles I had ridden earlier.  My daily total is about 90 miles less than my Rando friends rode.

 ...............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............31...........0................0............0.............31 Jan..................93..............0...............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653.............0..............0.........0............653 April..............696..............0...............0.........0............696 May...............900...............0...............0.........0.............900
June..............484...............0..............0..........0...........484
July..............1300................0...............0..........0.............1300
 Aug................638.............0.................0..........0.............638 Total...........4931.............0...............0..........0.............4931

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.