Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Over the River and Through the Woods

To Grandmother's house I rode. Well, it was MY mother's house. She had informed me that there were a few "honey do"s on the list, so my plan to ride 100 miles to Multnomah Falls turned into a 55 mile round trip today. It was a decent day for a ride. There was a lot of blue sky around, and a splattering of big white puffy clouds. The first half of the commute is mostly on multi-use paths. Spring was evident.



As I neared Hillsboro on of those big white puffy clouds took on a darker hue, and spit a few raindrops on me. Nothing serious, but I was looking for cover just in case it suddenly got worse.

After a couple of hours I completed the tasks at my mother's and noted that the clouds were getting dark again. I was hoping to avoid any showers since I was on the fenderless carbon bike and didn't have rain gear along.

I kept a pretty good pace into Beaverton and the sky began to brighten up.  I had dodged the rain! 
I turned south and made my way back to Wilsonville.  The traffic was beginning to pick up a bit with the "goin' home" gang. As I went through Tualatin I took the lane and rode like traffic, after all, that's exactly what I was. 

I rolled back into home with 55 miles, just over half of what I was planning today.  I should have just pedaled some bonus miles you say?  Ya, but the old adage, no matter how long the ride is, when it's over you are ready for it to be over was true today.

It was a good ride though.

 ................road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today.............55...............0.............0..........0.............55 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653..............0.............0.........0............653 April..............272.............0...............0.........0............272 Total.............1432.............0...............0.........0..........1432 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.