Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Madman Across the Water



Okay, so I wasn't mad.....well I guess that depends on your definition.... but I did cross some water.

I was in Seattle this morning, and as per usual it seems, it was raining.  I had plans to paint the turns for an upcoming Cascade Bicycle Club ride, but the wet roads were putting a crimp in those plans.  I was glad when by late morning it looked like I might be able to just get this job done.  Rather than ride to the ride, I drove to the ride today.  It was on my way home, and I wouldn't have the time to ride 100 miles AND paint the turns. I started from Renton and pedaled the "2 Points and a Levee" course.  I was in long pants and my warmest long sleeved jersey, with a tyvek jacket over top of it.  It didn't rain, but it never got very warm.  A facebook friend posted a photo this morning of snow on her peas in the Seattle area. It was a cool start, and remained cool during the day.

I had one "delay of game penalty", a flat in the town of Pacific, Washington.

Things could have been worse.  It was dry and I had a grassy spot off the road to take care of it.

I managed to get most of the route painted, only the return route in Renton is yet to be done.  I did  ride the entire 66 mile course however.

I then drove 200 miles, crossing the Columbia River (that's the Madman Across the Water tie in!) and arrived slightly late for the inaugural Rocky Butte Hill Repeats night.  I started this craziness a couple of years ago when I was in a social bike group.  I'm no longer in the group, but there was an open invitation tonight, so I decided I'd go join the fun.

In my good days, I could crank out 8 repeats in 90 minutes.  Tonight I was 30 minutes late so I only rode one hour. I got 4 repeats, and had 2 minutes left over.  12 miles, 1671 ft of climbing. Not too bad, but I've got a long way to improve yet.


..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.............78...............0.............0..........0..............78 Jan..................93..............0..............0.........0..............93 Feb................411..............0..............0.........0............411 March.............653..............0.............0.........0............653 April..............696.............0...............0.........0............696 Total.............1856.............0...............0.........0..........1856 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.