Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Riding with the famous!

My tailbone is still very sore from that little tumble I took last Wednesday, so I was a little concerned to be joining Mick Walsh today on a ride.  He can kick my butt on my best day, so I was hoping he wouldn't kick it too hard today, after all, I'm somewhat disabled!

I rode down from the Queen Ann neighborhood in Seattle

 and crossed the Freemont Bridge

 then out the Burke-Gilman trail, then followed the Sammamish River trail

to it's terminus at Marymoor Park


where I met Mick as he got off work. We greeted each other, I asked him to be easy on me. :-)

We pedaled off into a headwind at a good solid 20 mph. After about 8-10 miles of this I got a compliment, "for someone who hasn't ridden much this month you aren't too shabby".  Not bad coming from a rider of his caliber. :-)

We continued to pedal quickly and moved right down the trail.  Before too long we had covered the ~25 miles to where he turned toward home.  I continued down the BG trail.  I arrived at the Aurora Bridge and stopped for a photo op.




A statue of Sri Chimnoy stands along the Burke-Gilman trail just below the Aurora Bridge.

I finished up today's ride with a climb the 27% 4th Street back up to Queen Ann..........  just because.



 Today..........57..............0.............0..........0...........57 Jan...........105.............34.............0..........0..........139 Feb...........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22..........831 April........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0............20..........0.........1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0.........1500 July.........1558..............0.............0..........0.........1558 Aug...........190..............0.............0..........0..........190 YTD..........6526............142............20.........46.........6745


1 comment:

  1. A very fun read Kevin, you have adventures that make me green with jealously :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.