Saturday, August 18, 2012

Multnomah Falls

After several days of 100 degree weather it seemed like a good plan to go ride somewhere cool. I posted a suggestion for riding the Three Capes Scenic Loop near Tillamook on the Oregon Coast to Facebook. It would be 25 degrees cooler there. I had one nibble. As it ended up, the weather changed and it was going to be much cooler locally too so the plan morphed to some 75 ish mile ride around the Portland area. Jon had to check his permissions and would get back to me. Alas, I was sleeping before we could get coordinated. I took off early in the morning with a plan to complete the ride I cut short yesterday. Today I planned to ride to Multnomah Falls from Tualatin. The weather was indeed cooler, in fact there was some widely scattered drips from time to time. I didn't have anything other than shorts and a jersey so I was glad the precipitation didn't get too serious. I enjoyed the cooler air and pedaled quite easily to Multnomah Falls. I remember not too many years ago when the Historic Highway seemed like a daunting hill to pedal, now it's just something to get over. :-) It was a fun ride. By the time I got back to Tualatin the sun had come out from behind the clouds and it was getting warm. Not hot, just warm. Fun, just fun.



Today..........84..............0.............0..........0...........84 Jan...........105.............34.............0..........0..........139 Feb...........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.........809..............0.............0.........22..........831 April........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0............20..........0.........1020 June.........1500..............0.............0..........0.........1500 July.........1558..............0.............0..........0.........1558 Aug...........344..............0.............0..........0..........344 YTD..........6680............142............20.........46.........6899

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.