Monday, July 2, 2012

Recovery Ride?

Or just plain lazy?

I was in the Gresham area today helping a friend out, but had my bike with me. When I finished up my "earning my way to heaven" chores I hopped on the bike for an easy spin. I have had a sharp pain in my lower spine (pinched nerve?) for several days and felt tired legs the last several rides. Questioning my conditioning, my nutrition, and my hours of sleep recently, I thought an easy ride might be just what I needed.

I started from McMenamin's in Troutdale and headed east.  I wasn't sure if I was heading for Sandy or Multnomah Falls but decided on Multnomah Falls as I neared the Sandy River.

I just spun the pedals easily, taking in the sights and sounds of the countryside.  Soon enough I was at Chanticleer Pt then began the sweeping descent past Vista House and on out to Multnomah Falls.  I had some ice cream then retraced my route back to McMenamin's.

It was a nice late afternoon for a ride. The temperature was comfortable and winds light. There were a few dark clouds around but not immediate threat of rain.  As I am typing this however, (10pm)  it is now raining!

  ........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total Today........39..............0..............0..........0............39
 Jan.........105.............34.............0..........0..........139 Feb.........428............108.............0.........24..........536 March.......809..............0.............0.........22............831 April.........1010..............0.............0..........0.........1010 May..........1000..............0.............20..........0.......1020 June..........1500...............0...............0............0.....1500
 July............129...............0................0............0.......129
 YTD........4972............142............20.........46.........5155

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.