Sunday, July 22, 2012

listen to me here! Following the Desert Coyote - 180th phonecast

Just an interim update until I can get back here and edit all the RAO posts together, add photos and video, and post it as one neat little package: I DNF'd. :-( It is pretty hard to ride when one can't eat. Digestive issues kept me from adequately addressing nutrition. We had nutrition options along that were not tried. Maybe another course of action could have kept the bike moving, but inadequate training was likely the number one issue. We will call it a learning experience. Unfortunately, the learning experience is likely to cost me participation in next year's Race Across America. I had roughly 130 miles to left to finish (378 in the bag) and 13 hours left to do it. Seems reasonable, except I had no energy left to pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.