Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Real bikes but not real roads.

This will be the first month in many years where I do not get at least 500 miles. I'm okay with it, the weather has been a bit nasty, and I've got a lot of riding to do soon so the break is probably good. I did ride tonight a bit for the first time in 10 days, again, the longest I've been off a bike in years.

A friend invited me to watch a movie tonight. It's always a good thing when a pretty woman invites a guy to a movie. :-) It's even better when it involves cycling! ;-) We set up rollers in front of a BIG projected image and rode our bikes while watching Green Lantern.

I don't ride rollers much, in fact, I just about quintupled my lifetime roller miles tonight. To my surprise I stayed on them pretty well, my only "off roller experiences" were when I got too involved watching the movie that was slightly to my left, causing me to drift to the left as I pedaled. I pedaled reasonably hard. I was in my big ring and holding in the upper 20's to low 30's. I played around a bit and even pedaled up to 45 mph. Amazing what no wind drag will allow you to do!


My roller skills improved as the evening progressed. ;-)


........road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle.....total
Today.........0.............34.............0..........0...........34
Jan..........70.............34.............0..........0..........104
YTD..........70.............34.............0..........0..........104

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.