Thursday, March 17, 2011

Raining in Oregon, you gotta have a rain bike!

I love my carbon bike, except that with that expensive to replace running gear and clearances too tight to accept "real" fenders I hate to ride it through all that grit during Oregon's winter road conditions. The option?

Well, a dedicated rain bike of course!



My local bike shop, Olson's Bicycles in Forest Grove, made me a deal I couldn't refuse. OK, so it's a 2009 model. OK, so it's described as an "entry level" cross bike. But it accepts full fenders, and has a Tiagra 9spd drivetrain so my wheels from my Marin (alternate) road bike will swap in perfectly, and the price was right!

I'll get the fenders on tonight, maybe even have time to install lights and speedometer. Add some reflectivity and buddy flaps and it should be ready to go for a ride!

Want to own a piece of history? The bike I rode as part of the record setting Race Across Oregon team Old Goats 4 will be for sale. Seriously, if you are interested in a decent 55cm road bike email me.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to own a piece of history. And I would like to tryout that bike of yours. Questions is ...when.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.