Sunday, November 7, 2010

drip, drip, drip

That's the sound of the rain showers that have been part of our weather the last few days.........and the rate at which I am accumulating miles. I haven't been riding any rides over 50 miles in the last week or so, but have been out pedaling a bit on short rides. Today was no exception.

My mother's birthday was a few days ago and we got together to celebrate her old age today. ;-) Even though the forecast predicted at least an 80% chance of rain climbing to 100% as the day wore on it didn't look too bad this morning. I decided to ride my bike the 32 miles to the family gathering.

Though the sky had lots of blue showing I did pack rain gear "just in case".

The roads were damp but not splashy wet. I made my way to Scholls then headed toward Forest Grove. About half way through today's ride the wind picked up and the sky darkened. I saw a rain shower coming over the hill and knew that getting wet was eminent unless I stopped and put on my rain gear, or better yet, found shelter. Luckily I know most of the farmers on this end of the county and I was very near a farm shed that I knew would work just fine.



I felt pretty smug as I sat warm and dry near a Case-International Axial Flow hillside combine.....and the rain started hard, turned to hail, then back to rain before tapering off.

I did put on my booties and rain pants because the roads were wet.

I pedaled the remainder of the distance without any issues.

I managed to trickle another 32 miles into the mileage bucket.


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today........32...............0...............0..........32
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug.......1000...............0................0.........1000
Sept......1002...............0................0.........1002
Oct........905...............0................0..........905
Nov........122...............0................0..........122
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....9307...............0..............5.........9312

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.