Saturday, August 7, 2010

Larch Mountain

Rode 63 miles today....Troutdale to Multnomah Falls to the top of Larch Mtn and back. Good long climb and good company. (posted via cell phone)

Update:

5 of us met at Glenn Otto Park in Troutdale this morning to ride to Multnomah Falls then on up to Larch Mountain before returning to Troutdale. Max was taking the picture so he's not in the photo above.

The Garmin showed 5639 total feet of climbing in the 63.08 miles. We climbed from Troutdale up to Chanticleer Point before dropping down to Multnomah Falls, then climbed from Multnomah Falls to the end of the road on top of Larch Mountain. Max was having some knee problems and I was just slow and lazy. Max and I pedaled up the grade and eventually reached the top.

Paul, our leader today, was getting cold as he waited for Max and I so he began his descent before the photo was taken.

It was a good run down Larch Mountain Rd. We turned on Louden Rd and it was on Louden that I attained my maximum speed today. I topped out at 48.6 mph...pedaling in my big gear (56x11) and just leaving the fast boys in my dust as they looked helplessly on, having spun out in their compact doubles! ;-)

It was a nice run back to Troutdale.


I am continuing to work on the Race Across Oregon data and photos. I haven't forgotten! I'll let you know when I get it updated.

Tomorrow I ride the Mid Willamette Valley Bicycle Club's Covered Bridge Ride, a nice century with 5 covered bridges!

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today........63...............0...............0...........63
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug.........74...............0................0...........74
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....6353...............0..............5.........6358

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.