Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Portland Century and then some

I did not officially ride the Portland Century today for many reasons. I had a lot of friends who did however. I commuted to the event and started a couple of hours after most had shoved off. I did happen to catch up with 3 of the gals from the social bike group as they were leaving the Blue Lake rest stop. We rode more or less together for the rest of their ride. "More or less" because I couldn't resist chasing down a pair of fast young bucks who flew past us at one point. I did indeed catch them. They were riding about 24 mph side by side. I pulled up to be three wide and held with them for a bit. They did what anybody would do.........they sped up in an attempt to drop me. I kept right up with them for several miles as they bumped the speed up to 28 mph. They stayed on Marine Drive while the official route dropped onto the bike path. (a lot of bike path riding on this route!) I took the opportunity to turn around and ride back to my partners. I don't know how much longer I could have held that pace, but I don't know how much longer they could either! It was a fun run while it lasted.

I logged 132 miles today, about half of it on the Portland Century route. I guess you could say I did A Portland Century, just not THE Portland Century. ;-)


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......132...............0...............0..........132
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug........712...............0................0..........712
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....6991...............0..............5.........6996

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.