Saturday, August 21, 2010

First bike ride in a week

I rode long, but that hardly makes up for a week where I did ZERO riding.

I started off this morning on the Willamette Valley Bike Route heading south. It was a bit chilly, hints of Fall in the air! There was a very light breeze from time to time from the north and a light whispy cloud cover.

I stopped for a snack when I got to Salem but other than that it was a nice, but uneventful, ride to Albany. With my little detour in Salem I added a couple of miles so I was at 77 miles when I turned around. I retraced my route back to Salem, then jumped across the Willamette River on the Union Street Bridge (a former RR bridge now pressed into pedestrian/bike use)/>



There was even a blimp making it's rounds today!



Folks who know me know I don't care much for out and back rides so today was in the norm for me as I opted to ride out of West Salem on Wallace Rd instead of retracing the outbound route through Keizer. The wind had picked up a bit and I was riding into it as I was heading north. That's okay.........today was supposed to be training!

I followed Wallace Rd until I got to Maud Williamson State Park where I turned eastward to cross the Wheatland Ferry.

I continued on these familiar roads back to Champoeg Park then over to the Boone Bridge and a fast dash back across the Willamette River before jumping off the bike for the day.

More riding on tap tomorrow, likely a ride up and around Silver Falls State Park.

............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today.......153...............0...............0..........153
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug........580...............0................0..........580
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....6859...............0..............5.........6864

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.