Monday, August 2, 2010

A new month

I rode a very easy 11 miles today. My riding buddies don't rise as early in the morning as I do so I took the opportunity to go for an exploratory ride around Diamond Lake to see if the path was paved the entire way. It was!

Diamond Lake sits at a mile high and it can get chilly. This morning it was 34 degrees as I pedaled off on this August 1st morning! I didn't bring gear for riding in such cold temperatures and before long my fingers were numb. I stopped at the Diamond Lake resort and milled around in the small store there to visit with the proprietor and to warm up a bit!

Once the sun cleared the ridge to the east it began to warm up. I took off on my trip around the lake.
There were some nice views and I took a few photos. I'll get them posted here sometime this week yet........ promise!

In the mean time, you can go back two weeks to my STP posting where I've finally got more details added. My Race Across Oregon entry will take a bit longer. I don't have all the photos that the crew took yet. I've already got over 100 photos to sort through!


............BIKE............LIFECYCLE.....ROLLERS....TOTAL
Today........11...............0...............0...........11
Jan........618...............0................0..........618
Feb........692...............0................0..........692
March......940...............0................5..........940
April......934...............0................0..........934
May........905...............0................0..........905
June......1152...............0................0.........1152
July......1020...............0................0.........1020
Aug.........11...............0................0...........11
_________________________________________
TOTAL.....6290...............0..............5.........6295

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.