Saturday, June 13, 2009

falling behind

I've had a very busy week working on "the project". I've been neglecting my riding. :-(
While I've been busy remodeling the rest of the world has been riding and continuing to improve. Today my brother-in-law Dave rode the Strawberry Century. After struggling a bit on this ride last year this time around he rode a pretty quick 17.2 mph average. He's well on the road to his planned very first 1 day STP. I'd be happy with a 17.2 average for 100 miles, especially with the hills involved with the Strawberry.

In an effort to make up for a lazy week I'm going to ride up to Palomar Mt tomorrow. I mapped a 147 mile route that should get me up there and back. I'm a little concerned about daylight. The days are much shorter here than at home. It's very dark by 8:15 PM and should have lights on much earlier than that. With the many stop signs and signals in portions of the route and the significant climbing I may be pressed to be off the roads before dark.

Here's the route:



Should be some good opportunities for photos. I'll be riding along the coast for much of the early ride then of course up to the top of Palomar. There won't be a lot of time to stop for photos though.

Should be....fun? Well, at least an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.