Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Christmas in June

After a 6 week wait I finally got the shiny new bike Sunday evening. I spent yesterday doing a lot of catch-up things (you can imagine there were a lot of those after spending 6 weeks in SoCal!) as well as setting the bike up. Today I spent more time with the bike changing out the rear cogset to a 10-28 and installing the aerobar and speedometers. Finally at 6PM I decided to take advantage of the long NW Oregon Summer days and take it out for a spin.

I ran it through all the gears, braked hard, cornered harder, and just generally took a good test ride. It's more responsive than my Marin both in acceleration and handling. Shifts are nice and crisp. I might just like it. ;-)

Today of course is the last day of June. I'm short on miles because I spent some time helping a friend. It was a good thing to do and the short miles shouldn't hurt me. When I did go for a ride they were generally good effort training rides.

July should be a good month, STP gives a good leg up on a high mileage month. The remodeling work is mostly done so if I do go back to SoCal I'm bringing the bike and will continue to ride regularly. The miles become more important as we get closer to October.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............32...............0.................32
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....860.....+.........0........=.......860
April total.....790.....+.........0........=.......790
May total.......901.....+.........0........=.......901
June total......543.....+.........0........=.......543
Year to date...4270.....+.........30.......=......4300
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.