Sunday, June 16, 2019

A tale of two rivers (almost)

I helped a friend hang a chandelier, but brought my fixed gear bike along so that I could go for a ride after I finished.  I drove to the Springwater Corridor to start the ride.  Since I do the most I can to minimize risk I started about 20 blocks from the Willamette River, avoiding the on street segment. It was a warm sunny day as I pedaled out eastward into a slight headwind (and slightly uphill).  I got to the Interstate 205 MUP and turned north.  When I got to the city in a city of Maywood Park I stopped at the fountain. I was disappointed to see it out of commission. Luckily I had not relied on this to be a refill location today.


I continued along until I reached the Columbia River. The Columbia River the largest river by volume in North America to drain into the Pacific Ocean.  In the photo I'm looking at Government Island.  2/3rds of the river is on the other side of the island.


There was some haze in the air making Mt Hood a bit difficult for the camera to see.  A real camera would have had filter options that would have helped cut through, but the phone had to make due.


I was also under the approach paths for the Portland Airport, so airplanes were flying low overhead from time to time.


After 30 minutes of enjoying the sun and river activities I hopped back on the fixie and retraced my route.  When I got to Cartlandia I decided that a stop for street tacos was in order.



After finishing my tacos (very good BTW) I continued on toward the Willamette River.
I took the little detours to go to the Johnson Creek overlooks. I read all the information signage, and took this photo ..... just because.


I arrived back at my pickup just as I would normally have to ride on the street.

It was nice to back out on a bike.

.......Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today .....26.................0..................0.....................0............26

Jan.........0.................. 0..................0.....................0..............0

Feb.........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0.................0................0.....................0...............0

April.......0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May.........0..................0................80....................0..............80

June........63..................0.................0....................0...............63


YTD..........89...............0.................80.....................0.............169

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.