Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Woo Who!

I  got back on a real bike today........quite by accident.

I was on an extended walk today near Boquete Panama.  I was about 4 miles from where I am staying, looking over a bridge at the river below with the many flowers blooming when I heard a voice from a vehicle that had stopped.



 I turned to see a guy in full bike kit driving a small pickup with a bicycle in the back. He had noticed my Monster Cookie Metric Century t-shirt and decided to stop and strike up a conversation.  He is from Boston, but has lived in Panama for the last 6 years. He is a pretty serious cyclist and couldn't understand why I was not riding a bike.

He soon remedied that situation by lending me one of his 6 bikes, over my protests.



So I found myself back on a bike for the first time since November.  He invited me to go for a ride with him, but I remembered the terrain around here from last year when I was biking around the area.  I figured I'd be lucky to be able to ride back to town where my lady friend would be meeting me.

I pedaled back and took in the sights.  Here is a coffee processing facility tucked into the hillside.



I rode 7 miles with a net elevation loss, but with 900 ft of climbing.  It wasn't easy for this old out of shape guy, but it was nice to be back on a bike.





........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today ......0.................0..................7....................0.............7

Jan.........0................ 0................0.....................0..............0

Feb.........0..................0................0.....................0...............0

March.......0.................0................0.....................0...............0

April.......0.................0...............0......................0...............0

May.........0..................0..............,7......................0...............7



YTD..........0...............0.................7.....................0.............,,7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.